- I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
- I have not failed. Iíve just found 10,000 ways that wonít work.
- Most people give up just when theyíre about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown.
- A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
- If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down.
- Part of being a champ is acting like a champ. You have to learn how to win and not run away when you lose. Everyone has bad stretches and real successes. Either way, you have to be careful not to lose your confidence or get too confident.
- Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure.
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Many of lifeís failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you donít do too many things wrong.
- Itís how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.
- Iíd rather be a failure in something that I love than a success in something I donít.
- A failure is a man who has blundered but is not capable of cashing in on the experience.
- There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.
- I do not fear failure. I only fear the "slowing up" of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?"
- I don't divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures, those who make it or those who don't. I divide the world into learners and non-learners.
- A man may fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
- Notice the difference b/w what happens when a man says to himself, 'I have failed three times,' & what happens when he says, 'I'm a failure'
<< More Failure Quote >>